Great Lakes Gassers Rules
1. All cars must meet (NHRA-IHRA) safety requirements depending on the host drag strip.
2. Transmission brakes and/or line locks are permitted.
3. Any ignition system is allowed.
4. No data recorders are allowed.
5. No delay boxes are allowed.
6. No air shifters are allowed.
7. Rev limiters are allowed only to protect the engine. Non-adjustable, mechanical throttle stops may be used but cannot be controlled while the car is in motion. They must be permanently installed under the gas pedal or on the throttle linkage only.
8. Any iron or aluminum heads are permitted.
9. Superchargers are limited to a maximum of 8:71 roots-type only.
10. Any intake and carb combination or mechanical fuel injection allowed. NO ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION WILL BE ALLOWED.
11. Only gas and alcohol are allowed as fuel NO nitro methane. Nitrous oxide is not permitted. If it is installed in the car, both the bottle and solenoids must be removed from the vehicle, not merely disconnected.
12. No modern-looking snorkel scoops or aero wings are allowed.
13. All cars must run with open headers. No flowmaster or other muffler types allowed.
14. Period correct wheels only (i.e. steelies, Cragars, Halibrand). Absolutely no "modern" billet style wheels allowed.
15. All cars must have a period correct paint scheme or primer. No wild, modern graphics will be allowed. Car must reflect the "spirit" of the 60's gassers.
16. Vehicles must be pre 1966. Straight axles only unless approved by the GLG.
17. All gassers must choose a .5 second index between 9.50 and 12.50 unless approved by the GLG technical committee.
18. All races are run on a full .400 pro tree.
19. All indexes are based on an even .5 second incremented index with the competition ladder established by the host track based on reaction time (R/T) during qualifying time trials. First round by-runs if any, will be established by the competition ladder. Any subsequent by-runs will be dictated by the flow of the competition ladder. Once the ladder is established and competition begins no changes or deviations to the ladder will be permitted.
20. Lane choice in all rounds will be dictated by the member with the higher qualifying position.
21. All Great Lakes Gasser vehicles must have four fenders and may not be center steer. No altered or dragsters will be permitted.
22. All rules are subject to change at the discretion of the GLG Tech Committee. The GLG organization reserves the right to refuse or expel any person or persons for conduct detrimental to the club's goal of racing and having fun.